Friday, March 27, 2009

Tag

Thanks Jeanette for the Tag So many of you may or may not know about the "Dream Mine" or the "Relief Mine" but my great, great grandfather was John H. Koyle who had the dream and started the mine. The mine was always something that we were curious about growing up but my grandparents didn't talk about it much because of the controversy surrounding it. As we have grown we have had to do our own research about it and finally get our grandparents to open up about it. Anyway, it is quite the history in the Salem Utah area. For those of you who live in this area you can see the mine from the freeway. It is the big white thing on the mountain above Salem.

My sister and her family came down one weekend and we decided to go take a look at the mine. It is off limits to people wanting to go up but we talked a guy in to letting us go up because it is part of our family history and thank goodness my sister had an Idaho license plate, he knew we had come from a ways a way so he let us up.

Here are some extra pictures of our trip to the mine.
What a beautiful veiw from the top of the mine. You can see the whole Utah county valley.
This is the house that my great, great grandfather lived in.
Here is a picture of my sister and her beautiful family. It was so fun to go up to the mine with them
Oh I tag: Danielle, Nelly, Erin & Kristi
Rules: Here are the rules: Open the 4th folder on your computer, post the 4th picture, and then offer a brief explanation. Then tag 4 people to do the same!

7 comments:

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Wow cool trip. We have only heard some about the mine as well. ~soooooooo? what was it like.

Me and My Gang said...

hey amanda- make sure you check out his site sometime: www.foodstoragemadeeasy.net I love it!

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter in my photography give away!

-Jessie

The Hansons said...

Hey, I remember you telling us the story about that mine. It's cool to see pictures. I still can't figure out how to do the tag thing though. You might have to get into a little more detail for the compu-retard.

Tori said...

Hello Amanda! I found your blog. Your kids are adorable! You have a cute little Family.
See ya,
Tori
tori-perezfamily.blogspot.com

The Hansons said...

It's neat to see the pictures that go with the story. Hey, you need to update your blog. I've been working at mine, and I would like to see what's going on in your life. Keep us posted.

Erin said...

I don't know why I never saw this. I have you on my blog list and I never saw that you posted sorry. Hope you're doing well.