Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Eli... How time flies. (Part 1)

I’m a couple of days late in posting this but I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my dear sweet little boy. Happy Birthday Eli! I can’t believe that he is already two. I had the hardest day on his birthday. I felt like I just needed to sit and hold him as much as I could. I felt like I couldn’t get enough of him but all he wanted was to get down and play. I guess that is why I was so sad. I just hate for my kids to get older because I know that all too soon they will be grown with families of their own.
I thought I would post some of my favorite pics of Eli. He was such a darling baby and has been a joy in our house. He makes us laugh so much. I am posting this from work because I don’t seem to remember to do it once I get home. I don’t have very many pictures here on this computer so I’ll have to post more when I get home.
This is our first little picture of our family. Don't you just love pictures of yourself right after you have had a baby. We were sure excited to have him here. Since I was enduced I pretty much knew about when he would be born. I usually get PIT and get my water broken by 8 and I told everyone that I would have this baby by noon and sure enough he was born at 11:49 am. I made my deadline. He was 8lbs 6oz.
This was Eli's cute little baby announcement. It says "Mandalyn welcomes her new little brother Eli. Born March 22, 2007 8lbs 6oz"
What cute kidlets. As you can see here Eli was born with some hair. It was the cutest thing. He was born already in style with the hair growing over his ears. How funny. It didn't last long before I cut it but I wish I would have waited longer. Mandalyn sure loves her brother and was so excited to see him when he finally came.
All I can say is precious!
See why it's so hard to let them grow up?
Oh look what a chubb-a Chubb he was . So cute. There were so many at this age I couldn't just pick one or two.

Handsome Eli is right. Do they get any cuter than this?


He was so funny during this photo shoot. He was really good at curling his tongue.

What a handsome little man. Mwah!

I think these pictures really show Eli's true personality. He is ALWAYS happy, and smiling.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

They grow so fast it's not fair. I miss the baby times so much. And I just know that the teenage years are going to turn my hair gray. He is so cute. Wish we saw you more often.

Unknown said...

That was quick!! I remember him being just a little baby in R.S. Happy Birthday Eli!!!

Garth said...

that kid has always had such a personality...looking back he's had it all along. You can see it in his smile.

Amanda B said...

Isn't that the truth Garth, He really has had such a personality. It isn't until you look back at their pictures that you realize that they truely are unique and sent from Heavenly Father with their own personalities.

Anne Bennion said...

What a cute little guy! I have to agree with you that birthdays make me a little sad. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

Me and My Gang said...

Oh our sweet Eli! SOme of those pictures I have never seen. I have to confess tht one of them made me so a double take I even said to my self, why did Amanda post a picture of Justun? wierd cause I have never thought they looked a like someday I will post a picture to show you! We miss you guys!

Tara said...

SOO cute!! His birthday is a day before Bubba's. I had the same set of emotions. I just wanted to hold him, but he wanted to get away and play! So precious.

I love your pictures of him! So cute!

Tina said...

Amanda,
I'm so glad you posted those pictures of Eli. He is so cute. I wasn't able to see him at any stage in life so it was fun seeing how adorable he was and still is!! All that hair!!! That is amazing.

Danielle said...

Those pictures are so stinkin cute! Kids do grow up so fast and I feel the same way........sometimes I just stare at them when they are sleeping and get so sad that they are already as old as they are!! Your family is adorable!